Monday, October 14, 2013

The Chair assignment

Carrying around a chair around as if there are no seats anywhere, can be quite embarrassing. It helps to have good friends to do this embarrassing work for you; then all I had to do was to take the photos. The first place the chair visited was the Pryz. The lady who swipes IDs was very confused about why I had a chair with me, since there were plenty of empty chairs already there. I told her it was for a class, and she did not believe me. I then told her it was for my photography class and she hesitantly let me in with the chair. After breakfast the chair was off to the Basilica. Once there I thought it would be creative for the chair to visit a bathroom stall. There were two ladies’ in the bathroom at the time. They were laughing and saying something about me and my friend in a foreign language. I pretended not to notice them as my friend Instagram me putting a chair in a bathroom stall. This was quite an experience. I was trying to think of other places where the chair could be brought to life. My friend is a music theory major and offered to let me in to the music building. I thought this was a great idea. This project pushed me out of my comfort zone and helped me have experiences with photography I have not had before. Enjoy!
 

 














No comments:

Post a Comment